Just starting your social work practice?
This section provides pointers on everything from the job search to burnout.
NEW Member Benefit
NASW WI’s RESUME WRITING/COVER LETTER REVIEW SERVICE
In January 2015 NASW WI commenced a resume writing/cover letter review service for members. Long time NASW WI members Rosalie Migas and Kevin Reeder serve as the review panel for resumes and cover letters. Rosalie and Kevin will provide feedback on members’ resumes and cover letters within two weeks. If you would like your resume and/or cover letter reviewed, please email them to Marc Herstand at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover Letter Resources
- Sample resumes
- Disclosing your salary history
- High Impact Career Summaries
- Avoid the Top 10 Resume Mistakes
- Job Interview Pointers
- 20 Interview Questions every social worker should know
- Assess Company Culture to Find the Best Fit
The Job Search
- Visit the Career section of our website
- Utilize NASW JobLink
- Email email@example.com to sign up for the free, members-only job listserv. Every Monday, we email a list of 15-30 social work jobs around Wisconsin (and occasionally MN or IL). Please provide your name and member number.
Check out these online databases!
- *The United Way in your target location may publish a directory of human service organizations. Go to http://national.unitedway.org/.
- Are you an NASW WI member? Call or email our Executive Director, Marc Herstand, for a one-on-one networking appointment to discuss connections in your field of interest.
- Networking pointers
- Sample networking questions and email (Smith College, Social Work Department)
- Obtaining licensure
- Members only benefit: One-on-one licensure consultations with Marc Herstand, Executive Director; Call 608-257-6334 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary expectations
Social Work Voices
- Inspiring stories from the field
- Blog from a newly practicing social worker
- Social work blog directory
- Social Work Podcast
- Social Work in the Media
- Visit our Connections section!