Just starting your social work practice?
This section provides pointers on everything from the job search to burnout.
Cover Letter Resources
- Sample resumes
- Disclosing your salary history
- High Impact Career Summaries
- Avoid the Top 10 Resume Mistakes
- Job Interview Pointers
- 20 Interview Questions every social worker should know
- Assess Company Culture to Find the Best Fit
The Job Search
- Visit the Career section of our website
- Utilize NASW JobLink
- Email email@example.com to sign up for the free, members-only job listserv. Every Monday, we email a list of 15-30 social work jobs around Wisconsin (and occasionally MN or IL). Please provide your name and member number.
Check out these online databases!
- *The United Way in your target location may publish a directory of human service organizations. Go to http://national.unitedway.org/.
- Are you an NASW WI member? Call or email our Executive Director, Marc Herstand, for a one-on-one networking appointment to discuss connections in your field of interest.
- Networking pointers
- Networking guide
- Sample networking questions and email (Smith College, Social Work Department)
- Obtaining licensure
- Members only benefit: One-on-one licensure consultations with Marc Herstand, Executive Director; Call 608-257-6334 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary expectations
Social Work Voices
- Inspiring stories from the field
- Blog from a newly practicing social worker
- Social work blog directory
- Social Work Podcast
- Social Work in the Media
- Visit our Connections section!