According to the Council on Social Work Education, as of August 2016, there are:
In the United States:
- 524 accredited baccalaureate social work programs
- 261 accredited master’s social work programs
- 14 accredited BSW programs
- 6 accredited MSW programs: UW-Madison, UW-Milwaukee, UW Green Bay, Loyola University Chicago at Carthage College, UW Oshkosh, George Williams College at Aurora University
- Browse programs by location, degree level, concentration: Online directory of accredited social work programs
- 2016 Rankings from U.S. News
Choosing a Program
That’s a lot of choices. Here are some tips for choosing a program!
- Why Graduate School?
- Questions to consider
- Also see our social work connections resources. The perspective of an experienced social worker might help guide your decision-making process.