According to the Council on Social Work Education, as of February 2012, there are:
In the United States:
- 474 accredited baccalaureate social work programs
- 215 accredited master’s social work programs
- 15 accredited BSW programs
- 5 accredited MSW programs: UW-Madison, UW-Milwaukee, UW Oshkosh/Green Bay, George Williams College, Carthage College-Loyola
- Browse programs by location, degree level, concentration: Online directory of accredited social work programs
Choosing a Program
That’s a lot of choices. Here are some tips for choosing a program!
- Why Graduate School?
- Questions to consider
- Also see our social work connections resources. The perspective of an experienced social worker might help guide your decision-making process.