Are you interested in an internship with a focus on legislative advocacy and macro social work? Are you well organized, do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a passion for politics? Do you have experience in organizing events, marketing and outreach? The NASW WI Chapter could provide an excellent internship experience for you! We accept unpaid student internships in the NASW WI Chapter Madison office.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Research bills for the Legislative & Social Policy Committee
- Mobilize members on behalf of priority legislation
- Develop written testimony, position paper, or letters to key legislators on priority legislation as needed
- Attend meetings of the Social Workers Section and Examining board
- Write articles for the Wisconsin Social Worker newsletter as appropriate
- Assist in planning for the Annual Conference
- Provide research and technical assistance for Wisconsin Social Workers PAC
- Other duties will be assigned as needed
Apply if you are interested in:
- Advocacy and Policy Development
- Administrative Social Work
- Professional Development and Training
- Volunteer Management
- Membership Management
- Grassroots Organization
- Marketing Strategies for a Professional Association
- Website Development
- Public and Media Relations
BSW or MSW Students preferred. Other majors such as Social Welfare, Political Science, and like minded pre-professionals are welcomed as well.
For more information contact Marc Herstand by calling 608.257.6334 or by e-mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.