Are you interested in an internship with a focus on legislative advocacy and macro social work? Are you well organized, do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a passion for politics? Do you have experience in organizing events, marketing and outreach? The NASW WI Chapter could provide an excellent internship experience for you! We accept unpaid student internships in the NASW WI Chapter Madison office.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Research bills for the Legislative & Social Policy Committee
Monitor progress of NASW WI priority bills in Wisconsin legislature.
Mobilize members on behalf of priority legislation and rules
- Contact and mobilize when necessary sister associations, coalition partners and other supportive groups on NASW WI priority legislation and rules
- Develop written testimony, position papers, or letters to key legislators on priority legislation as needed
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of NASW WI’s biennial lobby day
- Attend State Senate and Assembly committee hearings and floor sessions of interest to NASW WI
- Attend meetings of the Social Workers Section and Examining board and various statewide coalition meetings on priority issues for NASW WI.
- Assist in staffing NASW WI’s committee and Task Forces
- Write articles for the Wisconsin Social Worker newsletter as appropriate
- Assist in planning for the Annual Conference
- Assist in implementing NASW WI’s Continuing Education activities including its home study program, teleconferences, ethics workshops and branch programs.
- Coordinate NASW WI’s social media venues, including Facebook, Twitter, Linked-in, Instagram and Tumblr
- Research, develop and promote Fact Sheets on the social work profession
- Develop, implement, tabulate and analyze NASW WI membership surveys
- Coordinate NASW WI’s job listing service
- Call and email NASW WI members prior to their membership renewal date
- Promote NASW WI membership among BSW and MSW students in Wisconsin
- Provide research and technical assistance for Wisconsin Social Workers PAC
- Mobilize NASW WI members to support PAC endorsed candidates
- Expand and update the student section of the website
Apply if you are interested in:
- Advocacy and Policy Development
- Administrative Social Work
- Professional Development and Training
- Volunteer Management
- Membership Management
- Grassroots Organization
- Marketing Strategies for a Professional Association
- Website Development
- Public and Media Relations
BSW or MSW Students preferred. Other majors such as Social Welfare, Political Science, and like minded pre-professionals are welcomed as well.
For more information contact Marc Herstand by calling 608.257.6334 or by e-mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.