Registration is now closed
Wednesday, April 14th
9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Lieutenant Governor of Wisconsin, Mandela Barnes
- Wisconsin State Budget In this training, Kids First Research Director Jon Peacock will discuss the impact of the state budget on children and families in Wisconsin and how we can advocate for a budget that supports the most vulnerable residents of our state.
- Banning Conversion Therapy In this training, Megin McDonell, Executive Director of Fair Wisconsin will discuss legislative and regulatory proposals that would ban Conversion therapy with LGBT children by mental health professionals in Wisconsin.
- Child Victim’s Act In this training Ian Henderson, Director of Legal and System Services with the Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault, will discuss the provisions of the Child Victim’s Act, which provides a three year release of the statute of limitations for childhood victims of sexual assault who are over the age of 35 and want to sue their perpetrator in civil court.
- Reforming Policing in Wisconsin In this training, Katie Domina, Deputy Policy Director with the office of Governor Tony Evers, will discuss several of Governor Evers’ proposals to reform policing practice in Wisconsin.
- Professional Issues In this training NASW-WI Executive Director Marc Herstand will discuss bills that would support and harm the social work profession that are currently under consideration in the Wisconsin State Legislature.
- Advocacy 101 In this training lobbyist Jack O’Meara will discuss the basics of advocacy in the Wisconsin State Legislature.
Incentives for Attending Advocacy Day
- Learn about legislation of interest to social workers
- Receive training on lobbying techniques
- Meet with your State Senator & State Representative
- Speak out & gain legislative support for NASW-WI priority issues
- Earn up to 3 continuing education hours!