The Wisconsin Marriage and Family Therapy, Professional Counseling, and Social Work Examining Board has authorized NASW-WI to approve continuing education programs relevant to the professional practice of social work.
Continuing Education Approval Application Forms
Be sure to complete both application and payment form.
- NASW WI Continuing Education Approval Program Policy Application Form (Updated November, 2018)
- NASW WI Continuing Education Approval Program Payment Form (Updated October 2019)
* Notice, there have been changes made to the price of additional programs, qualifications of Ethics presenters, and considerations for counting CEH’s for 3 & 4 hour programs.
NASW WI Approved Continuing Education Programs:
- SaintA, “An Introduction to the Seven Essential Ingredients of Trauma Informed Care”, 3/18/2020, 4/27/2020, 5/5/2020, 6/22/2020, 7/13/2020, 8/13/2020, 9/21/2020, 10/13/2020, 11/20/2020, 12/9/2020 – Milwaukee
- Inclusa, “Navigating Difficult Conversations”, March 24, 2020-Eau Claire, September 30, 2020 – La Crosse, December 8, 2020 – Rice Lake
- Inclusa, “DISC 2: Individual Personality and team Dynamics”, February 25th, 2020 – La Crosse, April 15th, 2020 – Stevens Point, June 2nd, 2020 – Rice Lake, August 27th, 2020 – Menomonie, October 22nd, 2020 – Green Bay, December 16th, 2020 – La Crosse.
- Prevent Child Abuse Wisconsin, “2020 Together for Children Conference”, April 21, 22 & 23, 2020 – Elkhart Lake. “The Together for Children conference is for those working with children and families in the prevention, treatment, investigation and prosecution of child maltreatment. Participants will gain knowledge and skills to address current and emerging issues in child welfare and child protection.”
- Inclusa, “Safety in the Field Office”, April 9th, 2020, June 23rd, 2020, August 5th, 2020, October 8th, 2020, December 2nd, 2020 – Various Locations
- Community Care Resources, “Shaping Successful Young Boys-Part 2” February 13th, 2020 – Middleton
- Children’s Hospital of WI, “LGBTQ 101: Providing Inclusive Services to LGBTQ People” March 4, 2020, Wauwatosa
- UW Stevens Point, “Professional Ethics and Boundaries Workshop”, February 26, 2020 – Rhinelander
- Tourette Syndrome Association of WI, Join us in Green Bay, Wi for the second annual Tourette Connections Conference on March 20, 2020. This FREE conference will offer information on best practices on working with people with Tourette Syndrome and their families. Continuing education at no cost, registration is required.
We now know that Tourette Syndrome and other Tic Disorders are not rare. The current estimates are that 1 out of every 160 children between the ages of 5-17 in the United States has TS and that 1 out of every 100 children has TS or another Tic Disorder. Register here to reserve your spot: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2020-tourette-connections-conference-registration-89507177377?utm_term=eventurl_text
- Planned Parenthood, “Safe Healthy Strong”, March 17 – March 19, 2020, Hales Corners. Safe Healthy Strong 2020 is dedicated to improving health outcomes by building professional competency around issues of sexuality and reproductive health. The conference explores innovative methods of communication, inclusive resources, social and reproductive justice, and the way systematic changes can impact the communities we serve! https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-wisconsin/education/resources-for-professionals/safe-healthy-strong
- NAMI, Wisconsin, “NAMI Wisconsin Annual Conference 2020” April 17th & 18th, 2020-Elkhart Lake -NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Wisconsin invites you to our Annual Conference 2020. Conference attendees will have the opportunity to celebrate the many unique connections grassroots organizations can create, while also learning how to use these connections to make the mental health system more collaborative. The event will once again host a large variety of audiences, including mental health providers, leaders, social workers, clinicians, government officials, criminal justice partners, consumers, and family members. Mental health advocates from all over the state are welcome to attend.View breakout sessions HERE.
- Wisconsin Council on Problem Gambling, “21st Annual Wisconsin Council on Problem Gamblers Statewide Conference” March 18-20, 2020 – Green bay
- Mental Health America of Wisconsin/Prevent Suicide Wisconsin, “Mindful Self-Compassion: Building This Essential Skill for Our Well-Being (An Introductory Workshop to the Mindful Self-Compassion Program)”, April 28, 2020 – Wisconsin Dells
- Wisconsin Department of Justice, “WI Forensic Interview Guidelines”, May 4th – May 8th, 2020 – Wisconsin Rapids
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, “Ethics & Boundaries for School Social Work”, Various dates and locations.
- Inclusa, “DISC 1: Communication Tendencies” February 27th, 2020 – Marshfield, March 18th, 2020 – La Crosse
- Mental Health America of WI, “QPR Gatekeeper Trainer Certification Course” April 28th, 2020 – Wisconsin Dells