Join us Virtually Wednesday, April 14th from 9-3:30 PM
Learn about legislation of interest to social workers
Receive training on lobbying techniques
Meet with your State Senator & State Representative
Speak out & gain legislative support for NASW-WI priority issues
Earn up to 3 continuing education hours!
Keynote Speaker Mandela Barnes (Invited)
- Wisconsin State Budget: In this training, Kids First Research Director Jon Peacock will discuss the impact of the state budget on children and families in Wisconsin and how we can advocate for a budget that supports the most vulnerable residents of our state.
- Police Reform: In this training, Katie Domina, Deputy Policy Director with the office of Governor Tony Evers, will discuss several of Governor Evers’ proposals to reform policing practice in Wisconsin.
- Child Victim’s Act: In this training Ian Henderson, Director of Legal and System Services with the Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault, will discuss the provisions of the Child Victim’s Act, which provides a 3-year release of the statute of limitations for childhood victims of sexual assault who are over the age of 35 and want to sue their perpetrator in civil court.
- Ban Conversion Therapy: In this training, Megin McDonell, Executive Director of Fair Wisconsin will discuss legislative and regulatory proposals that would ban Conversion therapy with LGBT children by mental health professionals in Wisconsin.
- Professional Issues: In this training NASW WI Executive Director Marc Herstand will discuss bills that would support and harm the social work profession that are currently under consideration in the Wisconsin State Legislature.
- Advocacy 101: In this training lobbyist Jack O’Meara will discuss the basics of advocacy in the Wisconsin State Legislature.
Online registration preferred at https://events.eply.com/2021AdvocacyDay
(Cost $10, registration deadline is 4/5/2021)
Join us for this EMPOWERING program!