Over 300 Student and Professionals Attended!
Thank you to all who participated!
- Wisconsin State Budget: In this training, Kids First Research Director Jon Peacock discussed the impact of the state budget on children and families in Wisconsin and how we can advocate for a budget that supports the most vulnerable residents of our state.
- Police Reform: In this training, Katie Domina, Deputy Policy Director with the office of Governor Tony Evers, discussed several of Governor Evers’ proposals to reform policing practice in Wisconsin.
- Child Victim’s Act: In this training Ian Henderson, Director of Legal and System Services with the Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault, discussed the provisions of the Child Victim’s Act, which provides a 3-year release of the statute of limitations for childhood victims of sexual assault who are over the age of 35 and want to sue their perpetrator in civil court.
- Ban Conversion Therapy: In this training, Megin McDonell, Executive Director of Fair Wisconsin discussed legislative and regulatory proposals that would ban Conversion therapy with LGBT children by mental health professionals in Wisconsin.
- Professional Issues: In this training NASW-WI Executive Director Marc Herstand discussed bills that would support and harm the social work profession that are currently under consideration in the Wisconsin State Legislature.
- Advocacy 101: In this training lobbyist Jack O’Meara discussed the basics of advocacy in the Wisconsin State Legislature.